The will of Lady Tyrwhitt, relict of Sir Thomas John Tyrwhitt Jones, Bart., of Stanley Hall, near Bridgnorth, Shropshire, and of Chesham-street, Pimlico, was proved in London, on the 23rd ult., by the executors and trustees, namely, Timotheus Burd, Esq., of Whitstone Priory, Salop; and her son, Colonel Charles Tyrwhitt, Aide-de-Camp to Field Marshall his Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge. The personalty was sworn under £30,000. The testatrix, Elizabeth Walwyn, Lady Tyrwhitt, was the daughter of John Macnamara, Esq., of St. Kitts. Her husband, the late Sir Thomas, who died in 1839, assumed the additional name of Jones, which was discontinued by his son, the present Baronet. Her ladyship died on the 24th of June last, having executed her will on May 25, 1863, and added two codicils, 1863 and 1864. Her ladyship has bequeathed to her son, Sir Henry Thomas Tyrwhitt, Bart., the snuffbox which was presented to her late husband by His late Majesty King George IV, when Prince Regent; and also bequeaths to him all the ivory ornaments and vases, &c., brought from China; to her daughters and granddaughters various specific relics, also rings and other articles of jewelry, as well as pecuniary legacies to them and to her son; and to her sister, Caroline Macnamara, an annuity of £100. Her son Colonel Tyrwhitt is appointed residuary legatee.
Hampshire Advertiser - Saturday 25 November 1865
Text © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Text reproduced with kind permission of The British Newspaper Archive.